Friday, January 30, 2009

Calling All Family Tree-ers


So Drew and I have been trying to firm up our name plans for Bump. We have concrete plans for the first name (boy and girl)- sorry not sharing! But we're struggling a bit with the middle names for each side. I was hoping some family members out there (Kelly- heard you might be one of them) might have a family tree handle to throw some ancestral first/middle name suggestions at us. If you have any ideas... just post a comment to this post and I will check them out. Thanks for your help! It would be fun to keep the names in the family.

3 comments:

Oak Hill Princess said...

Well, let's see, we have some doozies and some good ones in our fam. Great Gran's full name was Edward Armadorse Marlow... now the Marlow might be good for a girl???? Gr. Nana: Laura Etta Matteson, other side: Joseph Lawrence Bartlett & Marion Maude Morse... Aunts Bernice May, Vivian Louise, Barbara Louise???, Uncle (blood) Robert Chester. Dad's side:
Gerald Royce Allen, Alice Jane McCray, Uncle George Royce Allen, Adelaide McCray. Then a generation back of that there is a Coleman for a great grandmother... and I will get out the family tree and fill in those "older" branches!

Oak Hill Princess said...

How funny is this! I don't know how you feel about either Adelaide or Ellen as a middle name... but this is freakish... we just got a call from Aunt Adelaide! She calls, MAYBE once a year... and I had no more than finished asking your Dad what her middle name is, which of course he didn't know, when the phone rang and it was HER! That karma thing is really AMAZING!

Kelly said...

Drew's maternal side:

George Louie Webster
Wanda May Hubbard

Earl Richard Webster
Velda Louise Krause

Gloria Inga Helgeson
Earl Nelson Hubbard

Marinate on those for the moment and I will dig out the family tree. I have both sides of Kate Mayers' ancestors. I won't get back on line until Monday.

You are in my thoughts,
Kelly