
I am officially seven months today! And I am now officially in my third trimester. Some more major milestones are happening in there. From my own experience I have noticed that the movements have become less punchy- they're now more like fingers rubbing across my belly or like elbows scraping against me. The movements are more frequent but don't last as long as they did a month ago. I don't have anything to compare to but I feel like this baby is very active.
As for the professionals... well they say the baby now weighs (on average) 2 1/4 lbs, about the same as a head of Chinese cabbage. He or she measure 14.8 inches from top of head to toe (again, on average). The baby is also busy blinking his/her eyes with its new eyelashes. The eye sight has developed enough that some babies may be able to see light filtering through from outside the womb. Bump is busy preparing for life after birth by packing on baby fat. And he/she is also busy developing billions of neurons in his/her brain.
One of the websites I follow for prenatal development information said that I am due to gain 11 pounds this trimester. That will, sad to say, make me heavier than my husband. Oh well. I plan to order Tracy Anderson's post-pregnancy workout video at some point to help shed the pounds.

2 comments:
Don't worry about the weight you skinny little thing! Look at you! You look fantastic...and the pounds will melt right away as soon as you're chasing around after your little one.
So amazing all that stuff going on inside that belly of yours! Glad to hear the neurons are developing like crazy so my grandbaby will be smart like his/her Nana!!!! Poor Grandad, it will probably be able to beat him one day at Jeopardy! And, I'm with Jess... that weight will fall off easily! Besides, you could end up being like your sister, get it all off just to put it all back on, hee, hee!
Post a Comment