Friday, February 20, 2009

Baby Update

I had an appointment on Wednesday that took about 20 lbs of stress off me. I met with a different mid wife this time (our doctor is still on vacation!). She had a completely different story than the last mid wife I met with. This one said that the baby looks like its a perfect size and not to go by the ultrasound weight which is typically a very rough estimate. She said the ultrasound weight measurements can be off by 2 lbs in either direction. She said a more accurate way to judge the size and "plumpness" is to feel with their hands. She felt my belly to feel the baby and said she thinks Baby Bump is right where he/she should be. Whew! And she said I am measuring right where I should be as far as belly size. So all around good news. She even said I could cancel the ultrasound that the last mid wife wanted me to have.
I will be 34 weeks on Tuesday! Literature says the baby can no longer float around, as its too big. Now the movements are more jabs and kicks and body parts poking out here and there. Its really funny. I think it feels more alien-like now than ever before. Drew thinks the big buldge I keep seeing on my right side is Baby Bump's hockey butt (like his dad).

1 comment:

Oak Hill Princess said...

I had no doubts that that Bump is PLENTY big enough! Glad to hear that you are feeling more confident in that. All will be wonderful! I JUST KNOW it!